Monday, September 7, 2026

 

19. Quran verse and the related hadith:

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاتة

بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِٱلرَّحِيمِ

                         

وَلَا تَقْفُ مَا لَیْسَ لَكَ بِهٖ عِلْمٌ ؕ اِنَّ السَّمْعَ وَالْبَصَرَ وَالْفُؤَادَ كُلُّ اُولٰٓىِٕكَ كَانَ عَنْهُ مَسْـُٔوْلًا 

And do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge. Indeed, the hearing, the sight and the heart - about all those [one] will be questioned. [Al-Isra,17:36]

Ibn Kathier in his tafsir explains the meaning of these words as quoted by various Scholars: Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said: "This means do not say (anything of which you have no knowledge)." Al-`Awfi said: "Do not accuse anyone of that of which you have no knowledge." Muhammad bin Al-Hanafiyyah said: "It means bearing false witness." Qatadah said: "Do not say, `I have seen', when you did not see anything, or `I have heard', when you did not hear anything, or `I know', when you do not know, for Allah will ask you about all of that." In conclusion, what they said means that Allah forbids speaking without knowledge, particularly regarding His religion, rulings, and matters of truth.

Abu Mas’ud (RA) asked Abu ‘Abd Allah (RA), or Abu Abd Allah (RA) asked Abu Mas’ud (RA)"What did you hear the Messenger of Allah (SAW) say about za’ama (they alleged or asserted). He replied : I heard the Messenger of Allah (SAW) say: it is a bad riding-beast for a man (to say) za’ama (they asserted). [Sunan Abī Dāwūd 4972].

Al-Sakhawi said, “Indeed, it is said ‘they imagine’ in their speech, without attribution or verification, something they only said as an assertion. The Prophet (SAW) disapproved of this way of speaking, and he commanded honesty and verifica- tion in what one relates.” [al-Maqāṣid al-Ḥasanah 1/244]

The Qur’ān makes everyone responsible and accountable for their hearing, seeing and feelings in front of his Creator, who has given them their ears, eyes and hearts. This is the integrity and honesty of senses, heart and mind.

Allah says, "He has extracted you (mankind) from the wombs of their mothers not knowing a thing, and He made for you hearing and vision and hearts [i.e., intellect] that perhaps you would be grateful. [16:78]. In another place, He, the Excellent said, "He Who has created you and endowed you with hearing and seeing, and hearts. Little thanks you give.  (67:23)

When a baby is born, it cannot recognize any thing but it can hear and recognize the voices. As it grows, see things with his eyes. By hearing and seeing, it grows gradually with the development of its heart and mind.  With the help of family and the surroundings the grown up one tried to reason out things and distinguish between what is right or wrong. Allah has created these faculties in man to enable him to worship his Lord. That is the purpose with which, we being created. Man uses all these organs, the abilities and strengths to obey and thank his Creator.

Narrated Abu Huraira (RA): Allah's Messenger (SAW) said, "Allah said,  ".,...The most beloved things with which My slave comes nearer to Me, is what I have enjoined (obligatory prayers) upon him; and My slave keeps on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (praying or doing extra deeds) till I love him, so I become his sense of hearing with which he hears, and his sense of sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he grips, and his leg with which he walks; and if he asks Me, I will give him, and if he asks My protection (Refuge), I will protect him; (i.e. give him My Refuge) and I do not hesitate to do anything as I hesitate to take the soul of the believer, for he hates death, and I hate to disappoint him." [Sahih al-Bukhari, 6502]

الحمدلله

No comments:

Post a Comment

  19. திருக்குர்ஆன் வசனமும் அது தொடர்பான ஹதீஸ்: السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاتة بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِٱلرَّحِ يمِ وَلَا تَقْفُ...